Our school organizes visits to some of the most important sites of the city of Florence an integral part of our art and of our history.
Itineraries will include some of the most internationally known places such as the Santa Croce Church, the Bargello Museum, the Cappelle Medicee, Pitti Palace and so on.
Our art walks-tours will provide guided tours of the monuments, and of course the opportunity to draw "en-plain-air" in our famous gardens and parks, while enjoying the fabulous views over the city.
In case of rain, the drawing session placed indoor.
Four tours are available:
- Tour "A": Santa Felicita Church, Pitti Palace, Boboli Gardens – in case of rain, drawing session will take place inside Pitti Palace's covered courtyard.
- Tour "B": Bargello Museum, Santa Croce church, Giardino delle Rose - in case of rain, drawing session will take place in the Loggia de' Lanzi (Piazza della Signoria)
- Tour "C": Cappelle medicee, San Lorenzo church, Medici Riccardi Palace, Giardino dei Semplici – in case of rain, drawing session will take place at the Oblate complex (public library).
- Tour "D": Santa Felicita Church, Giardino delle Rose, San Miniato al Monte, Bardini Museum (we'll visit current exhibitions) – in case of rain, drawing sessions will take place at the Villa Bardini's gardens.
Art walks will last three hours and will commence place in the morning (10.00 a.m. - 1.00 p.m.). A minimum of two students are required.
Cost per lesson: 75euros per person – please note that this does not include the entrance fees (when required).
You can register online through the form, or in person at the school.
What you will need::
- An A/3 or A/4 format drawing pad
- Drawing pencils (HB, 2B, 4B), eraser, pencil sharpener, charcoal, sanguigna, pastels...(your choice)
- Watercolor kit: a colored pencil (light shade), eraser, pencil sharpener, a bottle of water, a small bowl or a plastic glass, watercolors (we suggest you to get the complete color palette, more practical to carry around), 2/3 watercolor brushes (round edge ones, bamboo handle), kleenex.
- We also suggest you to bring and wear comfortable clothes
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact the school.